Jun 7, 2008

My First Novel: Chapter 8

Previous: Chapter 1 Chapter 2 Chapter 3 Chapter 4 Chapter 5 Chapter 6 Chapter 7



8

For sometime we both kept quiet but she was the first to break the silence. “Isn’t it beautiful? The stars?” she asked. Her voice was amazingly sweet. “Yeah,” I replied still looking up at the sky. “What is your name? Are you new in this area?” she asked me, turning her head towards me. I looked back and replied, “My name is Jeet and I surely am new,” and extended my hand towards her with a smile. “I am Lisa,” she smiled and accepted my hand. Her hand felt warm against my cool palm.

“Well, we shifted here yesterday evening.”

“Yes, I saw your van pull up the road last evening.”

“Actually my father has been transferred here. Where do you live anyway?”

“Next door,” she said with a soft smile.

“Oh. Yeah, or else how could you have seen us? That was silly.” I smiled and gave myself a small pat at the back of my head.

“Do you come here often?” I asked.

“Well, sometimes. Like when I am in a bad mood.”

“Is your mood bad today?”

She smiled and said, “Well, I had a row with my elder brother today.”

“Your brother?”

Damien. Anyway how did you come to know about this place? This place is very far away from the town.”

“I discovered this place today, in the morning. You know, I like ‘discovering’ places.”

“So how many places have you ‘discovered’ until now,” she asked, mockingly.

“Well, if you really want to know then I should say that I have discovered…ummm…at least ten places.”

“Like?”

“Like a well in the small forest behind our old house. And all such strange places.”

She laughed softly. “Have you ‘discovered’ anything else around here?”

“No, nothing else,” I replied, with a smile, “But I would like to explore.”

“I know some interesting places around. Would you like to explore them with me?”

“Be my guide.”


Next: Chapter 9

No comments: