Mar 4, 2008

Imagine

We live in an era of competition. To make our dreams come true we have to work hard and take on huge amounts of risks and tensions because in this world the slow and steady never wins. But what happens after you reach your goal? Do you live happily ever after? Or do you look back and sigh at the futility of this rat race? Do you wish that you hadn't given up what you loved for what you wanted? Do you feel incomplete? I've been there and I know how it feels.

But it isn't over as yet. Of course, I've many more dreams and ambitions left to fulfill but I've decided that on my way I will keep on doing what I love - imagining.


According to me, life is full of misery. That is why I think there is a need for us to imagine and think beyond reality to free our minds, even if it is for a few minutes. Thats God's gift to us - the power of thought - and we should not only use this for the betterment of mankind but also for the betterment of our lives.


"Think of all the days you’ve wasted
Worrying, wondering
Hopelessly hoping
Think of all the time ahead
Don’t hesitate, contemplate
No it’s not too late

Have you ever wanted more?
Wanted more?
Don’t you know there’s so much more

You got to keep your mind wide open."

(from the song Keep Your Mind Wide Open by Annasophia Robb, OST Bridge to Terabithia)

No comments: