Feb 26, 2011

Savior


Quietly waiting
For the storm to settle,
Commiserating
The moments we've spent

And slowly, silently
The memories flood in,
I stay still, far away
The waves come rumbling in

Lying down I stare above,
The heavens shine 'pon me,
I think of you and smile
In spite of all the debris

And slowly, silently,
My eyes begin to cry,
I close my eyes, and touch you,
I start to feel so high

Why can't I forget you, betray you,
As you did to me?
Why I can't face you, hate you,
Why don't I still feel free?

And slowly, silently,
I wait for a savior,
For an angel, a light that
Will rescue me from despair

I know she will show up, wake up,
Just to reach out to me,
I know I will be rescued, forgiven,
For the things I never did,
But before that thank you, for making me
What I wasn't meant to be.

No comments: