Mar 3, 2011

Nature: An Afternoon Reverie



The earth pauses in its midday stance dazed by the sheer warmth of the shining sun as I walk out of the examination hall early and alone, while others are busy trying to impress their mentors in hope of a better pointer this semester. But my mind is not polluted by these thoughts. I feel free as the tepid afternoon breeze.

I clutch onto my bag strap and walk slowly into the warm sunlight and fall right into a lucid afternoon dream. Time stops. A walk back to my empty hostel room seems as eternal as the sun itself.

The simmering air on the asphalt makes the lonesome road glisten like an ethereal lake and I feel like a solitary sailor embarking on a journey across a supernal ocean. A journey for happiness, for peace, for that perfect someone. The destination is invisible but appears as tangible as the smothering sunshine. But the journey itself seems more seductive than the goal.

No comments: