Mar 24, 2011

Rust


Inside me an empty hollow resounds throughout,
I stare around with empty eyes unable to cry out,
The pain that has been haunting me since ages,
Eats me away slowly as the rusted war still rages.
I see you in front of me, and everybody else,
As my heart burns silently and my wound revels,
In injury but I still smile and let you know I'm fine,
Because I know that the suffering should all be mine.

I have myself only to blame,
For my invisible tears,
And I don't feel ashamed to claim,
To have surrendered to my own fears.
The fear of losing you,
Keeps me within me,
And if only I had a clue,
True to you I would be.

The chasm that separates us is too vast,
To be bridged with ease and so fast,
But I promise you that even though I can't let you in,
I would tirelessly never stop fighting from within.
I can't let my ghosts haunt you,
And make you fight against things you would never do.
My heart is pure I can assure,
But I'm not sure I can find a cure.

But now I take a stand and begin to fight,
I can't lose you, I have lost enough,
But my shadow is too strong for my might,
And I fall down to an endless night above.

I lose my senses, I lose me now,
But I've to stay awake; awake somehow,
You look worried and hold my hand,
And I know I won't lose, no I can't.
I pick myself up, firm my resolve,
With your touch my courage evolves,
Then you look, and smile at me,
And I know what I have to be.

A warrior who has to bury his past,
And have to start a life anew,
With you, my love, I can be at last,
The man in me that you always knew.

1 comment:

gourav said...

"you" would be very lucky and unlucky at the same time.......