Jun 14, 2011

An Ode to a Lost Friend

A long-lost friend, in a long-lost time,
A friendship so immortal,
Memories are still fresh but,
It feels so unreal, so sublime.

We laughed away without a care,
Of your futures unaware,
We talked our hearts out,
And nothing did we fear.

You gave me strength and stood by me,
When no one else was there,
But I wasn't there to save,
You from your misery.
And I'm sorry.

Guilt is my alias, shadow my soul,
I should've been there,
But now its too late,
Our friendship's now a ghoul.

A chance of redemption, forgiveness
I would certainly die for,
But I know God's not merciful,
To bless me with such completeness.

So many words left unsaid, so many,
Memories were to be made,
A friendship unseen,
But now I'm left alone on my knees.

I still remember your face so happy,
You trials to cheer me up,
Why wasn't I there?
To save you, to help you remain so.

I can only blame myself, that's all I can do,
But I promise one last thing,
My friend, forever shall I,
Worship our friendship with a heart true.

I'm sorry.

No comments: